Languages And Methods
Principles and Course Philosophy at La Paz Language Academy
La Paz Language Academy is one of the most diverse language schools in the state of Texas. On a year-round basis, La Paz provides foreign language classes for all proficiency levels in:
La Paz also provides additional foreign language programs for other critical languages. Contact us today for more information about our ESL classes, immersive cultural teachings, and more!
At La Paz Language Academy, we use the best language learning programs and teaching strategies to help students of all ages and levels become independent learners as they confidently communicate in the target language. All of our language curricula are based on the levels established by the “Common European Framework,” and our textbooks follow the same frame of reference.
A typical foreign language instructor at La Paz Language Academy is a native speaker with years of teaching experience in the U.S. and abroad. Due to the quality of our programs, we tend to attract highly motivated students to our language classes. Our guiding principle is characterized by an emphasis on communication while simultaneously promoting independent language learning and leading the students to become self-reliant in ways that can be transferred to different domains.
The Academy’s nearly one decade of successful language instruction programs relies on highly experienced instructors, continuous education teacher training courses, and the use of methods such as The Communicative Approach, which emphasizes communication through interaction that is engaging and meaningful to students. The Total Physical Response and the Audio-lingual Method are other techniques used in our language courses. Communicative Language Teaching and other approaches do not minimize the other skills such as reading and writing. Rather, they enhance these skills through a well-rounded curricula that utilizes the five senses, cultural immersion, and more.
It is this comprehensive teaching that sets us apart from other language schools in El Paso. Our methodology and language programs attract students from all walks of life to choose La Paz Language Academy when they have a significant need or desire to communicate in another language.
- Places emphasis on the target language using real-life situations to add relatable meaning
- Uses high-interest topics, group work, role play, interviews, and games, among other activities, to present the target language in context and to stimulate meaningful conversation
- Views each aspect of language learning (grammar, conversation, reading, writing, and listening) as necessary support for the other students in the class as they learn Spanish, Japanese, French, or any other specific target language
- Introduces new words, phrases, and grammar skills through discussion-based activities and other interactive exercises to help students improve vocabulary, communication skills, and cultural awareness
- Brings together classroom language learning and language activities outside the classroom to allow students to develop confidence using the target language
- Teaches students the target language naturally — that is, in the same way the mother tongue is acquired in line with how the brain learns without explicit instruction
- Relies on fresh, interesting, stimulating, and meaningful language class material
- Provides continuous exposure to fun and interesting language content through observation and practice, including singing, dancing, acting, and other activities that explore the culture behind the target language
- Introduces limited grammar rules and tables to help teach kids Spanish, German, Korean, English as a second language, and a variety of other target languages
- Engages students in positive language learning setting to energize and stimulate the brain through listening to powerful narrated stories, participating in online interactive activities, conducting scene studies and role playing